Friday, August 12, 2011

Counting Down and Packing Up

6 weeks and 3 days...but who's counting? I think this is going to be a difficult period for Jeff and I. I'm stressed thinking about the packing up of the house, the loading of the BP (where am I going to put all my STUFF?) and the complete lack of structure, that is going to become our day to day lives. Jeff is stressed that he will soon be "unemployed". So together we are one sleepless, tossing, turning lump of tension. That being said...we can't wait to move on and move forward with our "Big Adventure".
Dane and his two roommates came over the other day to preview thier new pad and hash out room assignments. Nice young men, all three. I have complete confidence that they will take good care of the house and respect our investment in it. It is very strange to think I will not be coming home to our "home". I really can't picture living in the BP the rest of my life. How would I host a family dinner, much less holiday? What will my grandchildren think of as "Grandma's house"? There I go getting ahead of myself again. This is meant to be a six month adventure and not a lifestyle. One day at a time...
Time to work on todays assignment. Taking down the decor around the house that Dane has deemed too "girly". And patching nail holes. So the boys can put up thier beer signs and cityscapes. I'm kind of glad I won't be here to see the transition to bachelor pad!

No comments:

Post a Comment