Monday, November 7, 2011

It's a sign!

Yesterday morning I went for a walk through El Chorro while Jeff was pumping iron back at the BP. Ever since we have been in California we have been inundated with these bizarre and often humorous "signs". Literally, not figuratively...
Hump???

Like this one. I saw this on my walk and all I could think of was the Black-Eyed Peas song...you know. My Humps??? In Minnesota we have "bumps", here they have "humps". Or this one...
In Minnesota we have "Correctional Facilities" or just "Prisons". Here they have Men's Colonies. Which, by the way, I looked up on the internet. This particular "colony" has housed some pretty famous prisoners, and it is at something like 196% capacity. Amazing. Two men to a bunk? My favorite, though, has to be this one...

Oh, don't worry. I won't touch it!

Anyway, after my walk and Jeffs workout we did the typical Sunday stuff. One new coffee pot from Targhetto, a farmers market for olives, home grown oranges and strawberries, then downtown to Mo/Tav (Mothers Tavern) for Packer game and...
More Signs!!!
After a successful football afternoon we returned home for left over meatloaf and a very early bed-time. That time-change on top of the 2 hour time difference means Lisa fell asleep at, oh...8 p.m.!

Today we returned to Montana De Oro to hike the "Dunes Trail". This was definitely more my speed as the trail was pure sand and led directly to the ocean and dunes. It was great walking DOWN the trail and we had a great walk on the beach (which is 5 1/2 miles long at this spot).



We had a fairly brisk walk along the beach. Of course, picking up little treasures along the way...driftwood, seashells and rocks. Also enjoyed the cute birds and their oddly oblivious behavior to human intrusion on their stretch of sand. I still have a soft spot for the little seagulls and it nearly broke my heart to see one with a badly broken wing. He was being tended to by a buddy who would not leave his side.
Footprints

Finished our walk on the beach and then figured out the tough part about the "delightful" walk down to the spit. Walking back up! I can honestly say that I have never walked up a tougher hill. For every step you took up, you would slide or sink back down about 6 inches. Made it a pretty long hike back up the hill.

After a short break at the top, we headed back to our favorite spot, Morro Bay for just a wee bit more wandering and dock time, stopping in at the Pub for a little refreshment and a salute to my Darling Dad...
A Sidecar for Dad

As long as we were so close to the Rock we just had to do a drive by (OK, I just had to do a drive by) to see if the little guys were out in the bay today. They were...

Another of God's creatures that we have been seeing an abundance of, and enjoying immensely is this little fella, the hummingbird. This one having a rest near the dock.




On the way home I managed to get one great shot of one of the Morros...
And we also had one more sign of all the good things to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment