Monday, September 26, 2011

And I thought yesterday was bad....

True to my beliefs, Jeff had plenty to do this morning (and still had a list of things when asked about he replied... "We'll take care of it next spring"). He managed to be ready by 12:15. Needless to say, I was a bit testy. As we got in the truck I apologized in an attempt to start the trip on the right foot.
Three blocks later, we were literally screaming at each other.  Jeff managed to get lost three blocks from our house, AND turned down a dead end, narrow, city street. Making it necessary to back up 50 feet of RV and truck into an alley to turn around. If you thought I was pissy before...oh boy. I redefined the word. Then Xena pissed herself! I don't think she's ever heard that kind of language. Certainly not that loud.
An hour or so on the road and we again managed a few civil words. By the time we were 6 hours down the long, straight, boring, road,  things were again a little on edge. Okay, I was a little on edge. Did you know there are NO towns anywhere near Interstate 90 between Rapid City and Mitchell? Well, who'd have figured. We did exit at Mitchell where we found diesel and Arby's and then proceeded 24 miles further down 90 to Plankiton. Which has several bars and two campgrounds. We may have picked the wrong one but at least we are parked, locked in, Xena is fed and happy, and I have cracked a bottle of wine. I'm assuming we will not be venturing out to the local pub, there is no way we are attempting to set up the dish, so it's an early to bed (and early to rise and get the hell out of here) kind of night.
Our home for the night....(yes, we are the ONLY ones here)

No comments:

Post a Comment