Monday, September 5, 2011

3 Week Countdown

It was a productive week for Jeff and I. We are now (technically) hooked up electronically. We got our "hotspot" internet access from Sprint. Worked right away on the laptop at home but is so slow. Also tends to disconnect with some frequency. I don't know if that is just the way hotspots work or if this was a bad choice in providers. We have the option of returning it and getting a different provider before we leave.
 Saturday Direct TV hooked us up with a satellite dish and reciever/DVR. Again, it's hooked up but we have no clue how to actually use it. The manuals provided are for a home installation (fixed dish) and ours obviously is not, so we have to position it, aim it, direct it....whatever. I guess we will figure it out. We have to...there's Packer games to be watched! Jeff has been working hard at getting all the wires straight and figuring out a way to safely move the giant dish in and out of the RV as well as where and how to store it when we are mobile. Good Luck!!!
Also got our storage unit and have begun the process of moving many, many boxes from the house to storage. It is sickening all the crap I still have that I can't quite allow myself to get rid of but in all honestly, may never use or need again. I tell myself it's safer not to burn all our bridges at this time. Better to store it now than have to buy it all over again in the future...maybe. Who knows when I might need 6 bedspreads, 8 giant pillows, three sets of everyday dishes and forty two tablecloths!
We had Clayton and Bryna (and Logan!) over for a BBQ last night. It was a very different "goodbye" as we will be seeing them in St. Maarten in February. So instead of being really sad, I was actually just so excited to talk to them about our upcoming "vacation from our vacation". This morning I even accomplished packing for that part of our trip. Jeff and I have to have a suitcase pretty much packed and ready and in the holding area of the BP. It was actually pretty easy...swimsuits and cover-ups, sundresses and flip-flops. The beauty of having been to St. Maarten the past two years is I have finally figured out just what to pack and little else. For a chronic over-packer, this is quite an accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment