Saturday, January 28, 2012

Truly Paradise Found



We had yet another perfect day on the north coast of the Gulf of Mexico. Today we drove the 20 miles or so to Bald Point State Park. Truthfully, we never even "officially" entered the park. Before even getting to the Ranger Station entrance, we stopped at the first beach we came to and walked a good mile down (and back!).



From there, we walked across the street and did a hike into a heavily forested area looking for Florida's Black Bear and other elusive creatures.
On the return trip home we stopped at Crooked Creek Golf Course for a bite and also got to drive through Carrabelle...
Carrabelle Marina
All very lovely! This afternoon the beach, once again, beckoned me to cross the road while Jeff toiled away on the computer. It was sunny, warm, and smelled so good of ocean air and fish (love that combo).



I stopped to talk to some fellow RVers who were fishing (and getting their supper for the night too...ocean trout) and who should show up again...the dolphins. Large group this time, probably 8-10 and they were frolicking and having a good time fishing as well.



Personally, I have had a very reflective day today. It started with the realization that for about the last month or so I have woken up every night so disoriented...."Where am I?"...and it takes me a good long while to figure out where I am exactly, what city, what park, etc. Having worked nights for many years I am use to not always knowing what day it is, but not knowing WHERE I am has been weird, sometimes even scary. This adventure has been awesome but I can not see doing this indefinitely. I would probably go insane. On the other side of my reflection, I have figured out this much about our future home. We were grown and born in water. I NEED water like I need air. I have to live by water. Like, a lot of water. As much as I loved the Palm Desert, Arizona, Louisiana....The places were I felt I could actually breath has been San Luis Obispo, Aransas Pass and here. Common thread....on the water. Water=Happy. Nothing wrong with knowing what makes you happy (other than my husband, of course). Now we just have to figure out a way to make that happiness full time!
Tomorrow we leave for Port Richey. It will be a long drive day, probably 5+ hours. But we get to be there for a week. Port Richey is just north enough of Tampa/St. Pete to be out of the city. Might be very nice....I would just love to stay right were I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment