Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Past Few Days in Wyoming

We left Custer and beautiful South Dakota by 10:15 Friday morning. Though we took the south route out of the park, it was far from an "easy" cruise out of S.D.!! More winding, narrow roads but also more scenic vista's going through Wind Cave National Park. Then came Wyoming....and six hours of this...


If it weren't for the millions of Pronghorn (which I think I will be endlessly fascinated with) I would have gone berserk! But, that being said, once we arrived in Lander the scenery improved greatly. Add the bonus of having the company of my awesome brother,Murray, and wife, Gayle, we had a good combination.  Murray and Gayle spent all of Saturday driving us around to some of the areas sites! Main attractions being Sinks Canyon and the Red Cliffs. Also meandered through several honest to God western towns that dated back to the 1800's.
Sinks Canyon
(note Rainbow Trout)

Today started out with great frustration as we tried to get the Direct TV dish working to no avail. But as soon as we aborted that futile chore, we went out to Murrays and he, Jeff and I headed into thier "backyard" to do alittle target practice featuring my 45, Jeffs 40 and Murrays Ouzie. Wow, we did some significant damage to our targets and were also treated to a pack of Mule Deer who bravely surveyed the scene.
Murray and his big gun!


After shooting up some sh--, we watched my beloved Packers kick some Bronco butt and had a BBQ dinner and a few brews. It was the end of another beautiful Wyoming day (did I mention it has been in the 80's and sunny here?). Jeff and I headed back to the campground for the evening. I think Murray and Gayle needed a break from entertaining us and we haen't been here at all except to sleep. We had planned on leaving for the Tetons tommorrow but we are going to stay one more day and use our time tommorrow on much needed cleaning, laundry and an oil change for the BB (mountain driving is hard on our BB).

My gorgeous brother and wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment