Monday, October 24, 2011

Stuck in Ole Lodi?

Not stuck...just enjoying a couple of pretty quiet days of Wineries, soaking up the sun, bike rides and general loafing around. We really (really!) only went to 4 wineries. I have a habit of falling for the tasting and investing too much in bottles. Case in point...Today we went to Van Ruiten. Nice wines, so we bought two bottles. The "Old Vine Zin" at $22 and the "Sideways" Zin at $35. Later in the afternoon we stopped at an actual liquor store for Jeffs sake (beer) and lo and behold, they have the Old Vine Zin....at $13.99! Boo! anyway, lesson learned.
Micheal David Winery
Home of The 7 Deadly Zins

Klinker Brick's cat
Obsessed with my purse!

Best part of Lodi (other than the Zin) is how flat it is. I took off on my bike yesterday morning and probably rode an eight mile square without one single hill (I do hate hills). So Jeff went with me today and we repeated a hilless bike ride before the heat of the day. Came across this on our ride...
OK!!!

Tommorrow we are off to Yosemite where we have been warned to expect no internet, no phone, no cable/satellite. Pretty much a dead zone. It's fine with me as I plan on filling my senses with the beauty of Yosemite...not The Real Housewives!

1 comment:

  1. I have been to Michael David Winery!!!
    Loved Phoenix...looking at a house:)

    ReplyDelete